1 a complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways; "he had the attitude that work was fun" [syn: mental attitude]
2 position or arrangement of the body and its limbs; "he assumed an attitude of surrender" [syn: position, posture]
3 a theatrical pose created for effect; "the actor struck just the right attitude"
4 position of aircraft or spacecraft relative to a frame of reference (the horizon or direction of motion)
- The position of the
body or way of carrying oneself.
- The ballet dancer walked with a graceful attitude,
- Disposition or
state of mind.
- but had a lazy attitude to work.
- A negative, irritating, or irritated attitude.
- "Don't give me your attitude."
- The orientation
of an aircraft or other
vehicle relative to the horizon, direction of motion etc.
- The airliner had to land with a nose-up attitude after the incident.
- Danish: holdning (1); attitude
- Dutch: houding (1); instelling , attitude (2); opstelling (3)
- Finnish: asenne (2)
- German: Haltung (1); Einstellung (2); Orientierung , Ausrichtung (4)
- Hebrew: גישה (gisha) (2)
- Ido: atitudo
- Japanese: 態度 (taido)
- Kabyle: addud
- Polish: podejście , stosunek , stanowisko , postawa
- Portuguese: atitude
- Serbian: stav, držanje, postav, stas
- Twi: suban
Attitude may refer to:
Lifestyle and popular culture
- Attitude (rapper), an American rapper.
- attitude (magazine)
- Attitude: The New Subversive Cartoonists, a three-volume anthology of editorial cartoons from NBM Publishing
- Attitude (single), a song by British rock band Suede
- Attitudes (band)
- Attitude (album), an album by April Wine
- Attitude Adjustment (Hardcore/Crossover/Thrash metal band)
- Attitude (Metallica song), song from Metallica on their album Reload.
- Attitudes (TV series)
- Attitude Records (UK), a record label
- Attitude Records (US), a record label
- "Attitude", a song from Sepultura on their album Roots.
- "Attitude", a song by The Misfits on their album Static Age and later covered by Guns N' Roses and Sum 41.
- WWF Attitude, a video game.
- Attitude (band), Hardcore band from Syracuse, NY.
attitude in French: Attitude
attitude in Finnish: Asenne
air, approach, aspect, assumption, azimuth, bearing, bearings, bent, bias, carriage, celestial navigation, climate of opinion, color, common belief, community sentiment, conceit, concept, conception, conclusion, consensus gentium, consideration, dead reckoning, demeanor, disposition, estimate, estimation, ethos, exposure, eye, feeling, fix, frontage, general belief, idea, impression, inclination, judgment, lay, leaning, lie, lights, line of position, mind, mystique, notion, observation, opinion, orientation, personal judgment, pilotage, point of view, popular belief, port, pose, position, position line, posture, predilection, prejudice, prepossession, presence, presumption, prevailing belief, public belief, public opinion, radio bearing, reaction, sentiment, set, sight, stance, stand, tendency, theory, thinking, thought, view, viewpoint, way of thinking